EMFields Acousticom 2
The Acousticom 2 is our newest microwave detector.
The Acousticom 2
The Acousticom 2 was designed using the experience gained from many years of practical RF and microwave measurements. It presents RF measurements as an audio signal, with LEDs and an alarm at high levels of RF. With simple controls, easy to read results, but still using the same advanced microwave detector as our Acoustimeter, this instrument is perfect for those on a budget. It is smaller and lighter than the Acoustimeter, and comes in its own carry pouch.
The advanced RF detector is the same as that used in the Acoustimeter. The Acousticom 2 also has an "alarm" sounder which emits a pulsing warning at higher exposure levels. The LEDs update rapidly, and allow you to quickly gauge the levels in an area and also record very short signals. These features make the instrument the most useful and practical one available. If there are more then one device emitting RF microwaves, the Acousticom 2 shows the peak exposure levels. This is very important in a biological point of view, because these levels are the most harmful to our body.
When first turned on the Acousticom 2 is silent. The sound may be turned on and off by pressing the button. If the alarm is not required, then it is easy to disable it each time when you turn the Acousticom 2 on. The demodulated sounds allow you to determine, with a small amount of practice, what type of device is creating the pulsing microwave levels that are present.
- A line of coloured LEDs displaying Peak exposure levels in V/m
- Measurement range: 200 – 8 000 MHz ±6 dB (typical accuracy), covering the frequencies used by most modern communication systems encountered in our everyday environment. This includes TETRA, all mobile phone systems including 4G/LTE, Smart Meters, and all WiFi and WiMax frequencies.
- Sensitivity (Peak Display): 0.01 – 6.00 volts per metre (V/m) 0.01 / 0.02 / 0.05 / 0.1 / 0.3 / 1.0 / 3.0 / 6.0 V/m; (equivalent to 0.5 to 100,000 peak µW/m2)
- When two LEDs are both lit next to each other, the exposure level is halfway between the two
- The speaker may be switched on and off
- An alarm sounder at higher exposure levels (may be disabled)
- Power source: 1x PP3/MN1604 9 volt Alkaline or Rechargeable
- Battery life: Up to 10 hours continuous with normal alkaline battery
- Low battery indicator light (the green ‘on’ light turns red)
- Size (mm): 110 x 63 x 21 (LxWxD)
- Weight: 140g incl. battery